A home automation system can go a long way towards making your life easier and more comfortable. From integrated alarms and security cameras to smart thermostats and light timers, home automation can improve your life in many ways.
Don’t believe us? We have some stats and facts to back that up:
- 40% of burglars say that the presence of a security camera in a home would cause them to choose another target.
- 56% of burglars attempt entry through a front or back door, making door sensors a great investment.
- 36% of home burglaries show no sign of forced entry, meaning without camera footage, it’s hard to prove that you actually have been burglarized.
Alarms and Detectors
- 60% of home fire deaths occur in homes with either no smoke alarms or smoke alarms that were not working properly.
- More than 400 people die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning, making a CO detector a worthwhile investment.
- A plumbing failure costs an average of $5,092 in damage per incident, making flood detection systems and automated water valves a great way to minimize your risk.
Lighting and Heating
- Dimming your lights when not using them – either manually or with programed light switches – and replacing traditional light bulbs with high-efficiency LED bulbs – can make your lights last up to 25 times longer and use 20 to 25% as much electricity, saving you significant amounts on your monthly electric bill.
- About 39% of the energy you use in your home is devoted to heating and cooling. A smart thermostat, then, can save you between 10 and 12% on heating costs and 15% on cooling costs, just by better managing your home’s temperature profile.
More and more home equipment is designed to work with a home automation system – millions of wireless lightbulbs and lamps, billions of connected devices – so setting up your home with a home automation system is a way to stay a step ahead of the curve. An integrated home automation system (as opposed to a hackable wi-fi based system) can make your life much simpler and safer. Check it out today!