With the 2017 Holiday Season fast approaching, is security on your Christmas Shopping list?
The holidays mean happiness, joy and time spent with loved ones. Of course, for a lot of us, it also means travel and time away from work. With neighbors away on vacation, our homes and businesses are left with a higher risk of break in, theft and vandalism.
Criminals and bored teens know that there are fewer people around during the holiday season and they use this time to strike. Mother Nature has its own agenda as well. Another serious risk is of floods, due to pipes freezing and bursting while you are soaking up the sun by the beach. Electrical fires can also occur due to unattended temporary decorative lighting causing devastation while you are away visiting family.
But that doesn’t mean you need to leave your property vulnerable this holiday season. Here are some great ways to minimize your risk and keep your property safe and secure:
Tip #1 | 3 Easy Steps to Minimize False Alarms and Unnecessary Police/Fire Department Dispatches
Dear monitored client, kindly make sure that the following list has been taken care of before leaving on vacation:
- Perform a full test of your Alarm System. If you need our help, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keep your Emergency Contact List up to date before you leave. This will allow us to react efficiently if something happens while you are away.
- Save our Monitoring Station numbers in your cellphone and ask all the members of your Emergency Contact List to save these numbers on their cellphone as well. This will prevent them ignoring our calls in the event of an emergency.
Monitoring Station: 1-855-705-5888
Technical Support: 416-697-7329
Tip #2 | Enhance Your Current Security
- Engineered Alarm Solutions Inc. protects your premises 24/7 with six reliable Canadian monitoring stations (ULC Certified) working together hand-in-hand that will react as soon as a trouble condition is detected. Remember, properties that have monitored alarm systems are 10 times LESS likely to be broken into than those that do not.
If your property still is not protected with a Professional Security Camera System, you may consider adding it to your shopping list.
- Security Cameras are effective crime deterrents.
- Cameras are an excellent complement of the Alarm System. In case of a break-in, you will be able to check the cameras and confirm that there is a burglar, making it a top-priority for the Police when we dispatch them due to a “verified alarm event”.
- Video surveillance cameras will give you incredible peace of mind, not only during the holiday season, but also throughout the entire year, because you will be able to check your property at anytime from anywhere in the world with no monthly cost.
- Security cameras placed near each main entrance make a strong statement to possible intruders. In addition, with internal cameras, you can keep an eye on your house cleaner, or perhaps your nanny, to confirm that your property and your family is safe and taken care of.
Tip #3 | Save Money While you are Safer
- Property owners usually qualify for an insurance discount if they have a Monitored Alarm System installed.
- If you still do not have our Professional Alarm Certificate, please let us know and we will provide it so you can apply to save money on insurance premiums.
- Make a friend happy with a gift of security and peace of mind this holiday season. Refer a new customer and receive a $100 thank you gift certificate.
Tip #4 | Make Visitors, Wanted or Not, Aware You Have Protection
When you get a monitored alarm system you will receive window/door decals and a lawn sign that quickly make people aware your property is protected.
Tip #5 | Be Proactive Versus Reactive
Spend the holidays without fretting about the security of your property. Protect your property prior to an unfortunate incident. Imagine returning from a lovely holiday trip to find your home or business ransacked or destroyed. Give yourself the gift of peace of mind this holiday season.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Act now and book a free security consultation. Any one of our security specialists would love to have a quick phone conversation with you to determine your risks, possible solutions and get you one step closer toward peace of mind.
Be proactive. Take the necessary precautions to protect your home or business.
Contact us today to discuss your security concerns and to speak with a member of our loss prevention team. We can help you find the right security solution for your unique situation.
Call 416-697-7329 or visit www.engineeredalarm.com/contact